The following is a basic guide to using the Transcript Viewer.
Once in the Transcript Viewer, buttons in the upper right of the page offer the following:
- Edit Mode: A special mode that allows making corrections to the transcript.
- Download Archive: Downloads a ZIP archive that contains all of the recorded audio snippets and related metadata. This is purely archival. It’s not how you create an MP3 for use elsewhere.
- Printable View: Presents a page that removes all the menus, suitable for printing the transcript, or cut & paste into your favorite word processor.
- View Summary: Returns to the conference summary
- Help: Offers a page of guidance on using the Transcription Viewer.
Navigating the Transcript
- 1. Playing a single phrase
To play a single phrase simply click on the blue arrow that appear to the right of that phrase.
- 2. Playing continuously
Controls for continuous playback are offered in the lower left corner of the page.
- Navigate forward/backward from current position
- Pause/continue playback
- Play slower/faster than normal speed (50% to 175% of real-time)
- Play only a marked section
- Play only the participant at the current playback position (skips over all others)
- 3. Marking selections
- Buttons in the upper left (see above) allow you to Mark All or Unmark All.
- To mark one or more phases, right-clicking on each of them. Marked phrases are highlighted in light green.
When items are marked:
- You have the option to Continuous Play Only Marked.
- You can Download marked as MP3.