If you use Mozilla’s Firefox web browser, and find that the ZipDX web sharing function suddenly isn’t working, you may need to make a change to one of the browsers default security settings.
The requisite change can be made simply and easily using the following procedure:
- Open a new browser tab in Firefox
- In the location bar enter about:config to display the list of Firefox configuration variables.
- The browser will initially prompt you to be careful. Click on the button labeled I’ll be careful, I promise!
- In the search bar offered enter mixed to narrow the listed parameters. Only two should be shown.
- Note that the parameter for security.mixed_content.block_active_content is by default set to true
- Double-click on that line to change the setting to false
- Close the browser tab
- Revisit the ZipDX portal, logging in and establishing new conference
- Once the conference has started click on the start WebShare button.
- A new window should open and display a large dark grey rectangle. In the middle is a link to Activate Java Platform. Click on this link.
- The browser will open a prompt to Allow Now or Allow and Remember. If you plan to use the web share tool periodically click on Allow and Remember.
- You should now see the typical prompt to run the OmniView Java application. Click on the Run button and the web share should begin.